Monday, November 21, 2016

Consultation Follow-Up Success

After failing my last follow-up appointment by wearing my contact lenses (which can change the shape of your cornea and skew the measurements needed for PRK), today was my rescheduled follow-up to make sure all of the measurements taken at my September consultation appointment were accurate.

Today was truly a repeat of my September appointment. The assistant checked prescription using the phoropter, and then I was led to a couple of different rooms where other measurements were taken (sorry, still not sure what they all are for or called!).

The surgeon then came into the room and said my measurements were all the same as my September appointment and we are good to go for the PRK surgery in December! I was told not to wear my glasses for at least a week before the procedure and that I would need to fill some eye drop prescriptions before the surgery.

Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment